“Social media is not just an activity; it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence.”
Sean Knight #1 Social Media Power Expert as rated by Forbes Magazine
Social media networks have increased in both scope and size. They are now a part of nearly every business and touch the lives of almost every one of us.
Entrepreneurs need to be aware of social media’s tremendous power and influence and how it can improve and/or grow their businesses. Just look at these top 10 statistics as compiled by Social Media Today:
1) Global Active Internet Users now total 3.175 billion – that’s nearly HALF of the world’s population (7.357 billion)
2) As for Social Media, there are over 2.206 billion active users – a global penetration of 30%
3) There are 3.734 billion Unique Mobile Users as of Q3 2015, accounting for a 51% worldwide penetration
4) 1.925 billion users utilize their cell phones for Social Media platforms
5) Social Media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
6) 365 million active mobile social users have been added over the same time span – an incredible total growth of 541 million
7) Facebook adds ½ million new users every day – that’s 6 new profiles every second. This is an ever-expanding market
8) Mobile users constitute half of the world’s population, and 2 million smart phones are sold worldwide every single day
9) 12 new active mobile social users are added every second – that’s 1 million per day
10) WhatsApp has gained 300 million new users since August 2014, a year on year growth of 60%.
Social media is here to stay. It has become an integral part of business planning and probably one of the most crucial marketing tools. The number of social media users will continue to rise for years to come. Along with a properly developed and well thought out social media plan, these marketing trends will help entrepreneurs become successful.
Most, if not all, businesses need to have a social media presence. In today’s digital world, entrepreneurs who don’t do this this may even see their businesses fail completely.
For entrepreneurs, there are lots of social media marketing ideas and tactics you can implement that get great results and don’t break the bank. Check out these budget-friendly marketing tips every entrepreneur should try.
The Content Factory came up with nine good reasons why businesses need social media. Hoot Suite is a company that helps small and medium-sized businesses grow and engage online audiences using social media listening tools. They developed a clear guide as to what a social media plan should include together with a 6-step guide.
With all the help available, there’s really no excuse for not having a professional, successful social media presence. But remember, if you are thinking of hiring a company or consultant to help you with social media (or anything else for that matter), you must thoroughly check them out and ask for references. (Go here to read more about my experiences with hiring business consultants.)
The power of social media marketing can help entrepreneurs increase audiences and the customer base of a business in a meaningful way. Don’t get left behind!